Short circuit creates panic in Main Secretariat

Shillong Aug 16: A fire broke out in room number 349 of the main secretariat on Wednesday, causing panic among employees and visitors.

The room was allotted to former Deputy Chief Minister and senior Congress MLA from Mawkyrwat , Rowell Lyngdoh.

According to electricians, the incident occurred around 1.05 pm due to short circuit in the calling bell. Lyngdoh was not in the room when the fire broke out.

The calling bell was fixed above the main door of the room. The calling bell was damaged completely and the ceiling was about to catch fire. Dark spots in the ceiling have also developed due to the impact of the short circuit.

Later, electricians replaced the damaged calling bell with a new one.

Room number 349 has been occupied earlier by former Power Minister, Sniawbhalang Dhar.

After Chief Minister Mukul Sangma dropped Dhar from the Cabinet, the room was allotted recently to Lyngdoh.

Discover more from

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Leave a Reply