House partially gutted in fire incident

House partially gutted in fire incident

Shillong, Aug 6: A house was partially gutted in a fire in the city on Friday evening due to a blast of a cooking cylinder.

No one was injured till the filing of the report.

The incident occurred in the house of one J Shabong of Upper Lachaumiere locality of the city.

Sources informed that the incident happened due to leakage of the cooking cylinder.

The top floor of the house was completely gutted in the fire. However the tenants staying in the rented accommodation managed to escape.

Three fire tenders were pressed into actio0n to douse the flame.

Due to the narrow roads leading to the place of occurrence, the fire tenders took time to douse the flames.

Hits: 136