Shillong, Aug 16 : Cabinet on Monday took the following decision in wake of the current law and order situation in Shillong city.
1. The cabinet has decided to constitute a Judicial inquiry under the Commission of Inquiry Act, to look into the events that took place on the morning hours of 13th August 2021.
2. Apart from the Judicial Enquiry, the Cabinet has also agreed and decided to set up a Peace Committee, which will be chaired by the Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong and Cabinet Ministers Hamletson Dohling and Renikton Tongkhar Lyngdoh as members of the said committee.
3. The Committee will co-opt other members from the civil society including religious organisations and other stakeholders.
4. At the same time, keeping in mind the overall situation that is still prevailing in Shillong city, the cabinet decided that the curfew stands extended till Wednesday morning 5 am.
5. Ban on Mobile internet data services is also extended for the next 24 hours.
6. The Cabinet has also decided to constitute a sub-committee for security and law and order, which will be headed by the Chief Minister, Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister. This committee will look into the different aspects of law and order.